Buying a House in CT? You will need to hire a Real Estate Closing Attorney
If you are looking to buy a home in Connecticut, you will need the services of a real estate closing attorney. A buyer’s closing attorney’s job is to protect their client legally and financially. This includes handling all of the contracts, clearing title and securing title insurance, and meeting all lender requirements.
What does a buyer’s real estate closing attorney do?
A buyer’s real estate closing attorney helps coordinate the purchase of the property by making sure all laws are followed, his client is getting the property as promised, and by managing the finances. A buyer’s closing attorney performs the following functions:
- Review the Exclusive Right to Buy or Sell Agreement and Dual Representation Waiver between the buyer and their real estate agent (if hired early enough);
- Review preliminary title report Seller ownership issues;
- Review and negotiate Purchase and Sale Contract with seller’s closing attorney;
- Review mortgage commitment issued by the mortgage company and any conditions;
- Order and review the title search to find any liens, mortgages, judgments or other issues;
- Prepare buyer’s closing documents such as power of attorney;
- Review seller’s closing documents including Deed;
- Review loan documents and meet all lender requirements;
- Attend closing with, or on behalf of, the client;
- Act as Settlement Agent for the Lender;
- Handle all funds through escrow and make all necessary payments and disbursements;
- Provide an accounting of funds to the client; and
- Record all documents at Town Hall such as Deed, Mortgage and any Power of Attorney.
A buyer’s real estate closing attorney can minimize the stress and anxiety of buying a home by giving you somebody you can turn to with literally any question throughout the process. This is perhaps the biggest benefit.
If you are looking to buy a house or condo in Connecticut, let us handle your real estate closing matters. We charge flat rate fees on closings, and we offer FREE phone consultations, so you can make sure we are the right attorney for you.