Real Estate Purchase Attorney
Real Estate Closings in Danbury, Brookfield, Bethel, Redding, Newtown, Ridgefield, New Milford, New Fairfield
Representing Buyers in the Purchase of a Home
As “Buyer’s Attorney” in real estate closings we act as the Settlement Agent. That means we are responsible for the entire process from contract review and signing to settling the funds and recording the deed (and mortgage).
Throughout the process we make sure:
- the condition of the property is safe for living or working by requiring all necessary inspections and disclosures from the Seller or their agent.
- We make sure the title is clear and marketable, free of encumbrances such as mortgages or liens, and if it is not, that our client is fully informed as to their existence and meaning.
- We negotiate the contract of sale with the Seller’s Attorney to make sure the contingencies our client requires are included and that our client is receiving the property as promised, and as required by law.
- We review the mortgage company’s commitment letter and advise our clients accordingly.
- We conduct or review the title search, depending on the needs of our clients. We help our clients purchase title insurance to protect their real estate purchase from undiscoverable issues created by previous owners and future issues such as fraud.
- We coordinate all of the cash flow through our IOLTA trust account, and help pay off outstanding mortgages on other property if our client requests us to do so.
- We record all necessary documents with the Town Hall where the property is located and deliver bank documents to lenders.
We offer flat fee engagements for buyers of any kind of real property; whether a home, a condo, a lot of land, a farm, a commercial building, and apartment building, you name it. Contact us today for a free flat fee quote on your real estate purchase.